Introduction / Refresher
Nurses and Senior Care Staff
To help staff ensure the safety of clients they prompt, assist and administer medication to.
Up to 15 students
- Forms, types and routes of drugs
- Principles of safe drug administration
- Terms, abbreviations, measurements
- Hygienic administration and storage
- Simple drug calculations and CD's
- Ownership, refusal, covert medication
- Overdosage and anaphylaxis
- Verbal instructions, MAR sheets, MDS
- Disposal, sharps and sharps injuries
- Drug errors, abuse, poor swallowing
- Complimentary and homely remedies
- Accountability, reporting, recording
- Knowledge test
Lecture, group discussion and practical exercises.
Students are assessed on the basis of
their performance of the exercises and
in the summative test at the end.
- Care Standards Act regulations
- Skills for Care Induction Standards
- National Vocational Qualifications
- Nursing & Midwifery Council
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great
- United Kingdom Homecare
- Attendance forms
- Course notes / handouts
- Knowledge tests
- Training records
- Feedback forms
- Certificates of Achievement
Dependent on your training needs.
Call 020 3115 1039 for a quote!
Michael Hughes MSc BSc(Hons) RN DipN ENB 998 ENB 978 Cert HPM FRSPH FIHPE PTLLS
Healthcare Training 79 Lodge Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8JG Tel/Fax: 020 3115 1039
Infection Control, Nutrition & Hydration,
Recording Care, Emergency Response
Dementia, MCA, DOLS,
Dementia, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Stroke