Introduction / Refresher
Nurses and Carers
To enable staff to monitor and care for people with dementia safely and effectively.
Up to 15 students
- Definition and prevalence of dementia
- Common features of dementia
- Stages and progressive nature of
- Nutrition and hydration issues
- Cleansing, dressing and continence
- Communication issues
- Activities for people with dementia
- Medication issues
- Knowledge test
Lecture, group discussion, case studies
and practical exercises.
Students are assessed on the basis of
their performance of the exercises and
in the summative test at the end.
- Care Standards Act regulations
- Skills for Care Induction Standards
- National Vocational Qualifications
- Attendance forms
- Course notes / handouts
- Knowledge tests
- Training records
- Feedback forms
- Certificates of Achievement
Dependent on your training needs.
Call 020 3115 1039 for a quote!
'Michael wandered round all day and wouldn't sit down to eat. We were at our wits end and didn't know what to do with him…'
This three-hour course helps nursing and care staff understand the causes and nature of dementia and how to provide better care for people with dementia.
This course description is not a contract and content may be subject to change.
Call Michael today on 020 3115 1039
or email email@example.com
Michael Hughes MSc BSc(Hons) RN DipN ENB 998 ENB 978 Cert HPM FRSPH FIHPE PTLLS
Healthcare Training 79 Lodge Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8JG Tel/Fax: 020 3115 1039
Infection Control, Nutrition & Hydration,
Recording Care, Emergency Response
Safeguarding, Health & Safety
Food Hygiene, Fire Safety
Dementia, MCA, DOLS,
Dementia, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Stroke