Food poisoning causes illness, distress, and sometimes death. Older people are particularly vulnerable yet food poisoning can be reduced in a number of simple ways.
This three-hour course is designed principally for carers who serve food to help them reduce the risk of food poisoning.
Food Hygiene for Carers
Introduction / Refresher
Nurses and Carers
To enable staff to reduce the risk of food poisoning where they work.
Up to 15 students
- Prevalence of food poisoning
- The 'Four C's' of food hygiene
- Cooking and reheating issues
- Cleaning - personal / environmental
- Chilling and refrigeration issues
- Cross-contamination prevention
- Forms of contamination
- Bacteria growth factors
- Knowledge test
Lecture, group discussion and practical exercises.
Students are assessed on the basis of
their performance of the exercises and
in the summative test at the end.
- Care Standards Act regulations
- Skills for Care Induction Standards
- National Vocational Qualifications
- Food Standards Agency guidelines
- Attendance forms
- Course notes / handouts
- Knowledge tests
- Training records
- Feedback forms
- Certificates of Achievement
Dependent on your training needs.
Call 020 3115 1039 for a quote!
This course description is not a contract and content may be subject to change.
Call Michael today on 020 3115 1039
or email email@example.com
Michael Hughes MSc BSc(Hons) RN DipN ENB 998 ENB 978 Cert HPM FRSPH FIHPE PTLLS
Healthcare Training 79 Lodge Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8JG Tel/Fax: 020 3115 1039
Infection Control, Nutrition & Hydration,
Recording Care, Emergency Response
Safeguarding, Health & Safety
Food Hygiene, Fire Safety
Dementia, MCA, DOLS,
Dementia, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Stroke