Fall prevention is a key challenge facing nursing and care staff. Bed rails are often used to prevent falls but they can be a source of danger themselves.
This three-hour course raises staff awareness regarding bed rail safety and helps them assess when bed rails can be safely used and when alternative measures should be employed.
Bed Rail Safety
Introduction / Refresher
Nurses and Carers
To enable nursing and care staff use bed rails safely
Up to 15 students
- Why bed rails are used
- Dangers associated with bed rails
- Assessing suitability for bed rails
- Mechanical and furniture safety issues
- The legal position regarding bed rails
- Unsafe / unethical use of bed rails
- Alternatives to bed rails
- Knowledge test
Lecture, group discussion and practical
Students are assessed on the basis of
their performance of the exercises and
in the summative test at the end.
- Care Standards Act regulations
- Skills for Care Induction Standards
- National Vocational Qualifications
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Attendance forms
- Course notes / handouts
- Knowledge tests
- Training records
- Feedback forms
- Certificates of Achievement
Dependent on your training needs.
Call 020 3115 1039 for a quote!
This course description is not a contract and content may be subject to change.
Call Michael today on 020 3115 1039
or email email@example.com
Michael Hughes MSc BSc(Hons) RN DipN ENB 998 ENB 978 Cert HPM FRSPH FIHPE PTLLS
Healthcare Training 79 Lodge Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8JG Tel/Fax: 020 3115 1039
Infection Control, Nutrition & Hydration,
Recording Care, Emergency Response
Safeguarding, Health & Safety
Food Hygiene, Fire Safety
Dementia, MCA, DOLS,
Dementia, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Stroke