Flu. Hepatitis. MRSA. Many become infected whilst in care, yet cross-infection can be reduced with a few simple measures.
This three-hour course helps staff reduce the risk of cross-infection among vulnerable clients and staff.
Introduction / Refresher
Nurses and Carers
To enable staff to reduce the risk of cross infection among clients and colleagues.
Up to 15 students
- Three key forms of infection
- Four modes of infection transmission
- Universal precautions
- Handwashing - when and how
- PPE - personal protective equipment
- Skin protection
- Sharps - safe disposal / injuries
- Non-resheathing of needles
- Clinical waste disposal and spillages
- Handling soiled linen and clothing
- Nails, jewellery and personal hygiene
- Knowledge test
Lecture, group discussion and practical exercises.
Students are assessed on the basis of
their performance of the exercises and
in the summative test at the end.
- Care Standards Act regulations
- Skills for Care Induction Standards
- National Vocational Qualifications
- COSHH regulations
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Attendance forms
- Course notes / handouts
- Knowledge tests
- Training records
- Feedback forms
- Certificates of Achievement
Dependent on your training needs.
Call 020 3115 1039 for a quote!
This course description is not a contract and content may be subject to change.
Call Michael today on 020 3115 1039
or email email@example.com
Michael Hughes MSc BSc(Hons) RN DipN ENB 998 ENB 978 Cert HPM FRSPH FIHPE PTLLS
Healthcare Training 79 Lodge Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8JG Tel/Fax: 020 3115 1039
Infection Control, Nutrition & Hydration,
Recording Care, Emergency Response
Safeguarding, Health & Safety
Food Hygiene, Fire Safety
Dementia, MCA, DOLS,
Dementia, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Stroke