Sharps. Wet floors. Contamination. Manual handling. Work can be a very dangerous place indeed!
This three-hour course helps staff reduce the risk of harm to themselves and others where they work.
Health & Safety in Care
Introduction / Refresher
All levels and disciplines of staff
To enable staff to reduce the risk of harm to themselves and others where they work.
Up to 15 students
- Hazards and risks
- Common workplace hazards
- Manual handling issues
- Clothing, footwear, nails and jewellery
- Preventing slips and trips
- Sharps injuries - prevention / response
- Dealing with dangerous substances
- Electrical appliance issues
- Fire safety issues
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Knowledge test
Lecture, group discussion, case studies
and practical exercises.
Students are assessed on the basis of
their performance of the exercises and
in the summative test at the end.
- Care Standards Act regulations
- Skills for Care Induction Standards
- National Vocational Qualifications
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- COSHH regulations
- Attendance forms
- Course notes / handouts
- Knowledge tests
- Training records
- Feedback forms
- Certificates of Achievement
Dependent on your training needs.
Call 020 3115 1039 for a quote!
This course description is not a contract and content may be subject to change.
Call Michael today on 020 3115 1039
or email email@example.com
Michael Hughes MSc BSc(Hons) RN DipN ENB 998 ENB 978 Cert HPM FRSPH FIHPE PTLLS
Healthcare Training 79 Lodge Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8JG Tel/Fax: 020 3115 1039
Infection Control, Nutrition & Hydration,
Recording Care, Emergency Response
Safeguarding, Health & Safety
Food Hygiene, Fire Safety
Dementia, MCA, DOLS,
Dementia, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Stroke